The Sarova Stanley hotel, one of Nairobi’s oldest and best renowned, stands in the very centre of town, within easy reach of shops, commercial centre and industrial area like. It is 18 kms from the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (20 minute transfer provided). The hotel is 7km from Wilson Airport (internal) – 10-minute transfers provided.
This Nairobi (capital city) hotel is within easy reach of the city centre, international airport, central business district and other city hotels. The hotel accommodation makes the ideal base for a Nairobi holiday or start out to a Kenya safari.
ROOMS & SUITES
- The Windsor Suite - Located on the eighth floor, our penthouse suite 'The Windsor' was so named to
commemorate the attendance at a ball in the hotel in l928 of the Prince of Wales (who later and briefly became King Edward VIII) and the Duke of Gloucester.
- Stanley Suite - This Suite, which also serves as the Presidential Suite, is named after the explorer. Henry Morton Stanley, as was, no doubt, the hotel itself.
- The Karen Blixen Suite - The suite comprising a spacious sitting room, large bedroom, powder room and bathroom with jacuzzi, is decorated with photos spanning Karen Blixen's life in Kenya and reproductions of her famous paintings Juma and The Kikuyu Girl.
- The Lamu Suite - This Suite is named after the exquisite Swahili/Arabic archipelago and island of Lamu, off the Kenyan coast. The suite's decor is reminiscent of the island's romantic ambience, boasting a four poster bed, antique Lamu style furniture including a Planter's recliner, Lamu chests and persian rugs.
- Double Suites - The Stanley has three double suites, each with two bedrooms connected through a common sitting room all overlooking the Atrium.
- Club Rooms offer a very comfortable stay featuring elegant interiors and amenities such as a fresh fruit basket on arrival, a floral arrangement in the bedroom, fluffy white terry toweling robes and slippers, daily newspapers, free internet access and 42 inch flat-screen televisions.
- Deluxe rooms at Sarova Stanley offer the rare luxury of space, the largest in their category in the city, having been built at a time when space was never a constraint.
DINING & BARS
The famous Thorn Tree Cafe is Nairobi’s most long-established and best-known meeting spot. Originally established around an acacia tree upon which notices could be pinned, it has now been re-styled as a chic street bistro – the ideal place to watch the Nairobi world go by. The cafe serves a wide range of international choices and prides itself on its pizza and coffee. Live jazz, soul, rock, reggae and African fusion music is provided from 18.30 onwards.
The open-air pool-deck restaurant on the 5th floor offers a wide selection of buffet choices, Tandoori and grills.
The hotel’s signature ’fine-dining’ experience, Thai Chi, is on the first-floor and offers exquisitely authentic Thai cuisine. The famous Exchange Bar is styled to replicate the opulent decadence of Edwardian colonialism and served as the home of the Nairobi Stock Exchange for over 50 years.
CONFERENCE & EVENTS FACILITIES
The hotel offers 9 meeting and conferernce room and a 227 sq m ballroom, audio-visual support, business centre, WIFI and global communications.
Heated roof-top swimming pool and Health Club (sauna and steam, yoga, aerobics, beauty treatments etc).Efficient, secure and efficient valet parking; Forex, valet and laundry, WIFI; gift shops, curio shop, chemist and optician.
WEDDINGS & HONEYMOONS
The hotel’s glorious 227 sq m ballroom lends itself to the presentation of a stylishly elegant central-nairobi wedding with just a touch of Out of Africa mystique.
|:: Nairobi Serena||:: Intercontinental Hotel||:: Crowne Plaza|
|:: Tribe Hotel||:: Sankara||:: Hemingways|
|:: Nairobi Safari Park||:: Ole Sereni||:: Panari Hotel|
|:: Sarova Stanley||:: Fairmont Norfolk Hotel||:: The Boma Hotel|
|:: Giraffe Manor||:: Karen Blixen Cottages|
|:: Southern Sun Mayfair||:: Sarova Panafric||:: Eka Hotel|
|:: Jacaranda Hotel|
3 * HOTELS
|:: Pride Inn||:: Silver Springs||:: 680 Hotel|
|:: Hotel Boulevard||:: Nairobi Safari Club|